Nitro Espresso Old Fashioned
One of our favorite summertime drinks is an espresso old fashioned - a riff on the classic cocktail featuring a perfect shot of espresso instead of a measure of liquor. The added texture of the nitro-induced head also boosts the aromatic qualities of the drink, thanks to thousands of little bubbles that increase the surface area and release little puffs of aroma as the head deflates and settles.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2-3 fl oz of freshly pulled espresso
- 0.5 fl oz rich simple syrup
- 3-4 dashes each Angostura and orange bitters
- 10 drops (roughly one barspoon) of Luxardo maraschino liqueur
- Ice to chill
- NitroPress with one N2 gas cartridge
What to do:
Combine all the liquids into a mixing glass and stir until well-chilled. Pour in the the NitroPress using a fine mesh strainer. Firmly attach the siphon lid and charge with one nitrogen gas cartridge. Shake well for 2-3 minutes. Dispense into a chilled rocks glass (ice is optional). Express an orange peel over the glass, garnish, and enjoy!